Picking A Quality Personal Massager You Will Love
When it’s time to purchase a personal massager, there are many specifications one must consider before jumping in and buying just anything out there. Sure, you can dive head in and just go for a massager that looks nice and pretty but what if it doesn’t perform or is not really safe to use? Today, we will describe the best way to pick a personal massager and what you should pay special attention to.
What Is It For?
First, figure out the use of this personal massager and if it will be used for therapeutic purposes, recreational purposes or both! All body massagers are not created equal so it’s important to pay attention to the specifics of the device before opening that wallet and spending your hard earned money.
Once you have figured out the use of this personal massager, its time to understand specifics of how massagers work. We will cover the top 5 specifications to consider in your handheld massager:
- Volts – Depending on where you are located in the world, the voltage of a massager could be different and should be considered before making your purchase. For example, the United States has appliances that mostly run on 110 volts while European countries run on 220 volts. This might not seem like a big difference or something that you should consider but guess what, you have to! Most newer appliances are made to handle both USA & European Voltages but this is not the case for all appliances. For example, the Magic Wand Original corded personal massager operates at 110 – 120 volts which is okay to use mostly in North America. The Magic Wand Rechargeable cordless personal massager operates at 110 – 240 volts which can be used in North America and European countries which operate within the 110 – 240-volt threshold.
- Plugs & Prongs – Ever wonder why the plugs/prongs on USA appliances are different compared to European versions? This difference can be blamed on the evolution of plugs in different regions of the world. Apparently, no one considered these power plugs should be standardized and consistent when they were being created which is why they differ so much around the world and can have many different variations. So depending on where you live or travel to, considering the correct plug or an adapter is a must so you aren’t left stranded with a useless personal massager.
- Power – Not all massagers pack the same punch so it is important to read about the power capability of the device you are purchasing. The power rating on devices are usually measured in watts which is what the motor in the device is capable of producing. This is something to pay attention to but not always 100% rely on. Let us elaborate. Some manufacture’s list the wattage of a motor in a device but once these motors are tested through a third party, they could be producing more or less than the stated amount. This is why it is important to buy your personal massager from a reputable company who has been around for a while.
- Weight – Since we are discussing handheld massagers specifically for this article, the weight of the device may be important to you. Most massagers weight north of 1lb and could get much heavier depending on the style of the device. The heavier the massager, the more tiring it could be to hold up this device for use. Most massagers under 2 lbs should not be a problem for an average person to hold in their hand during use.
- Electrical Compliance – Having a device that is safe to use should be the number one priority for any consumer. In fact, this item should have probably been number 1 on this list. Many reputable manufacturers need to meet certain standards when manufacturing personal massagers. These standards meet National Recognized Testing Laboratories (NRTL) such as ETL Listing. For example, the Hitachi Magic Wand, now referred to as the Magic Wand Original HV260, is ETL listed and is also registered with the FDA as a medical device.
There are many other areas to consider such as price, shape, color, material and more when choosing a personal massager but the 5 points above will get you on track to getting the best device which will last for years.